Translate

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Fart for Fart's Sake

I realize that I am a philistine when it comes to art, because I foolishly believe that if literally anyone can do something, it's not really art. There should be at least some measure of skill or insight or composition, somewhere along the line. So yeah, a guy sitting at a piano and not playing it is not music, and an asshole mounting hacked celebrity photos on the wall of a "museum" has nothing artistic or even mildly imaginative about it.

Last weekend, repainted the interior of my house and re-hung some paintings and photos, am I a fucking artist with a grant now? If I take a camera with a long-range viewfinder and snap photos of my neighbors through their windows, and post them in a public place, am I making some sort of daring "commentary" on society, celebrity culture, and freedom of speech, or am I just a peeping-tom shithead trying to cadge a buck from suckers?

It is my sincere hope that someone hacks this prick's phone, gets his photos, and puts them up on a wall somewhere.

No comments: